My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons (Part Two)

Once before, not too long ago, I had written about life handing you lemons. And that depending on your outlook on life, different people use those lemons in different ways.

They either make that sweet, tasty lemonade. Or they have a 'sour soul' as I eloquently put it that day.

My take? For the most part, I make my lemonade. No matter how tough it seems when life hands me a curve ball from the outfield and it sucker punches me in the face.

This week, all week long, my kids are home for "Winter Break". They were home for "Winter Break" last week as well. This hasn't been no freaking damn break! At least not for me. If anything, it's been nothing but more work. Not to mention more strain than my little frayed nerves can bear.

Yep, you guessed it. This week with my lemons, I am a self-professed 'Sour Soul'. With good reason, mind you!

These kids (for the most part) have done nothing but bicker, pluck one another's nerves, steal things from one another, fought over who will start at the beginning of playing a board game...And that's just the tip of the ice berg.

So, what happens when all this is going down? Yes sir, you got it. I get to be the referee that gets in the middle to quell the fire in their eyes and the smoke from their flaring nostrils. Jeez! I sound like a Dragon Slayer now.

As much as I love my children, and love spending 'quality time' with them, I think that at this point, 'quality time' is over rated and just not a viable accomplishment for me. Let alone for my sanity.

Believe me when I say that when that school bus arrives and gets my children, after they pull off, I will be singing and dancing for joy. Finally, I will be free and my sanity can finally return to normal, humanly possible levels.

In fact, I can guarantee that on Monday morning, I will be practically shoving them out the door. And I won't think twice.

If this makes me a 'Sour Soul', then so be it. Pretty soon, my sweet, delicious Lemonade will be back in the pitcher and I will be sipping it once again. But, not until next Monday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...