My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I got the "Versatile Blogger Award"!




Rules
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

First of all, I really MUST thank AubrieAnne over at Who's Your Editor? for the award. For her to say that I'm 'versatile' may be an underscore of the truer word for my blogging (lol). Seeing as I'm known to be "all over the place" in my thoughts, feelings and life experiences when it comes to my writings and ramblings.

AubrieAnne, in some ways, I find us to have become kindred spirits of sorts. Books, being strong in our convictions and our views of what's "right" when it comes to civility and tact in the art of Blogging. Thank you also for your new-found friendship, not just this lovely award.

My 10 Questions...

1. Why did you create this blog?


My main objective with this particular blog was just to talk about my everyday life as a Stay-At-Home Mom of my three children. Also as an outlet to let off steam about things in the home or my thoughts and views on top headlines. It was a connection for me to the outside world, really.

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?

I mainly follow "Mommy Blogs", seeing as I can relate to them and even bounce ideas off of them or get advice. But I'm also in to parents who blog about having Special Needs children, being my son is disabled by many different mental disorders. I love AubrieAnne's blog being she writes about books and poetry. And I am myself an avid reader, mainly of sci-fi, comical romance and the Paranormal. Plus I also follow a few Paranormal blogs as well.

3.  Favorite makeup brand?

This is simple lol.. I can't wear makeup. At least not on my eyes, due to having a Corneal Transplant until otherwise told I can. With chronic dry eye it would be hard to wear it on my bad eye. So I just forgo the makeup altogether.


4. Favorite clothing brand?

Honestly, I don't have one. I'm an easy going gal that just wears whatever is comfortable.

5. Your indispensable makeup product?

Read answer to question # 3. (=

6. Favorite color?

Purple!! Because to me is signifies passion. Not as in love type passion. But that you are a passionate person and are strong in your convictions and are bold enough to take a stand for yourself or the proverbial underdog when you feel injustice has been rendered.

7. Favorite Perfume?

I'm in to the Dove Body Mists. Mainly peach, rain and berry scented.


8.  Favorite film?

If you REALLY know me well enough, then you know for a FACT that I cannot for the life of me, keep to just one movie. I'm an avid fan(atic) of Nicolas Cage's work. I have most of his movies in my DVD collection. So my answer will be "Nic Cage movies".

9.  What country would you like to visit and why?



Ireland! Most of both sides of my family are Irish. Primarily my father's side, who's grandparents immigrated from the country at the turn of the century. They went on to have seven children. My grandmother was the baby of the family who was born in 1915. One of my Great-Uncles was even being born DURING the 1908 San Fransisco earthquake that devastated the city. So, there is certainly a lot of rich heritage and history there in Ireland for me.

10.  Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?

Again, refer to question # 3's answers. (=

Now to pass on this esteemed award...


Narragansett No. 7

Just Hide the Dishes in the Dryer...

Dave's Buttoned-Up Mind

Adoption of Jane UG-Lbc

Carrie with Children

Letters For Lucas

Randomness with Rachel

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats! You deserve it. xo

Retail Therapy Lounge said...

Congrats!
Hello!

Found you on a blog hop and am your newest follower - Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like it.

Check out my "retail therapy" giveaways and enter a few, there are some great products to win.

I also have a fantastic weekly blog hop.

http://retailtherapylounge.blogspot.com

Carol

AubrieAnne said...

You are sooo very welcome! I am a complete believer in kindred spirits and I agree. We have only known each other for a little while, but I know I have found agreat friend in you.

You diserve this award! I agree that blogs can be a great creative outlet, it certainly is for me, plus the perfect place to blow of steam! BLOW AWAY! I too love to wear what is comfortable and I love the color purple now. I used to hate it and I don't really kno why, but I have embraced it fully now :) In my DVD collection, I have National Treasure 1 and 2, Face off (my favorite Nick Cage movie) and ConAir! My mom and I both love his movies and we want to see Season of the Witch sometime in theaters. I too would love to go to Ireland and I am jealous of your rich history there.

Well, goodnight! I will undoubtedly "see" you tomorrow :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...