My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

We have a new addition!

My oldest daughter is 11, going on 14. She has it already set in her mind that her life's career will be a Veterinarian for Exotic pets. And thanks to my father who sent her an old edition of Reptile Magazine, she had been BEGGING me for a Bearded Dragon (lizard).

This weekend she has had to be with her bio-dad. While she's been gone, I bought the lizard and all the stuff to set him up. About $200 investment between the foods, cage, needed lightings and other accessories AND the lizard its self.

We named it Gobi like she wanted to initially. She found the name on a bag of sand on a store's online shopping center. Plus, that is the name of a desert in the Sahara. You pronounce Gobi as "go-bee".

I honestly cannot wait to see the look on Hayley's face when she walks in this evening. I told her that she will be the primary care person, seeing as it's going to be primarily HER pet, but also of course the family pet as well.

Here's Gobi!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm sure she's going to be thrilled! He's cute (for a lizard!)

I came by from FTLOB:)

Missy said...

Thanks for stopping in, Poekitten. He is a baby. By adulthood, he will require a 40 gal. tank because he will be about 2 feet long.

He loves his crickets, but I'm trying to also get him to eat some veggies and fruit. And meal worms are given every other night as well as a treat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...