My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Helping our future grow...

I have always been a big believer in a couple of famous phrases.

One would be "you reap what you sow". The other? The all-time famous "it is better to give, than to receive".

How true those two sentences are. And what an impact that they can make!

Three days a week (for the most part), I cart myself off by foot down to the school where all three of my kids learn and grow in social and intellectual skills.

Monday's and Wednesday's, I work with the First Grade Reading group, even though, at this time there are no First Graders in my home.

On Friday's you will see me carting around files for both my son's class, who is in the Third Grade, and for another of the First Grade teachers in the school.

Also, I file papers, grade papers, help with classwork and even here and there, file the mail in the Front Office.

This week, I am also there much more than the norm, being that this is Book Fair Week for the school's PTO. I'm helping the children with their Wish Lists and to help them make wise purchases.

To be able to go down to the school and help, even in the smallest of ways gives ME such a huge reward in the end.

True, I am not paid monetarily for my "services" to the school. But I think I'm okay with that. Because I get paid in much bigger ways.

Those children whom I work with have such humongous smiles on their faces when I walk in the room. And they love the interaction with those outside of their teachers, who work one-on-one with them.

When I leave after my work is complete, I have a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Because I know that in although a minute way, I am shaping at least one child's future, education, and social skills.

There is a real and honest reward in volunteering in your community. And I'm not just talking about helping in the schools. But also in a Soup Kitchen, a Homeless Shelter, the SPCA or even in the community's Library.

When you volunteer your time and your talents within your community, you give of yourself, and your heart. But you also give much more than that. You show those out in the world that there are people around who really do care about their fellow human being.

And the rewards of volunteering are endless and so inspiring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...