My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"You be 5 long, long, long, long days ago?!?!"

Yes, those are the words of my now-five-year-old daughter. Skyler turned five this past Saturday. She is no longer the "baby" that she once was. And her questions about life, the world around her, and what she is learning have become more prominent as of late.

Instead of Skyler asking "You were a little kid a long time ago?!", she decided to ask me about how I too was a little girl in what seems like ages ago in the fashion that is the title of this post.

If she had only added one or two "long's" to her sentence, I may have chuckled a bit more. Instead, my ever-so clever child decided to add a total of four of them to her question of my ancientness.


Man did it ever make me feel 'old'.... It's like reality finally smacked me in the face and told me to wake the hell up. I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure. And to be viewed as 'ancient' to a five year old is in all honesty, a bit intimidating.


Why didn't Skyler just go the extra mile and pull out a picture of Nefertiti and ask if it was me? Or ask if I was around when the Pyramids were built by those pesky aliens? 


It could have been worse. She could have asked me if I was around when the big, bad dinosaurs were roaming the earth. Now, THAT would have hurt....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lmbo... kids can say the darndest things nad itusually concerns us as their parents lol..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...