My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Devotional Sunday (Change from Testimony Sunday)

Isaiah 35:10
and the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
Isaiah 35:9-10 (in Context) Isaiah 35


Every one of us here on earth will suffer sorrow. But all of us will experience the great joy that life also has to offer.


Believe me when I say that I have had more than my fair share of sorrow. From the time that I was born in fact. And when you tally them all up that I have collected thus far, many may wonder how I am able to see the positivity in anything.


Even though a time or two, I had lost my faith in God, He never once lost His faith on me. Even when I turned a blind eye to Him.


In the end, after walking through all of the Valleys that I have traveled, I have reached the Mountain Top. Sure, I will be pushed back down in to the Valley again a few more times before my life's journey here is over. 


But I know that once I walk through the Valley, that the Mountain Top is there waiting for my return.

2 comments:

FCEtier said...

You lost your faith in God more than once?
What happened to help bring you back? Is it something you can explain? Was it a logical thought process or something spiritual?

Missy said...

In all honesty, I think a bit of both logical, as well as spiritual.

If you read some of my past posts, you can get a sense of all I have had to "endure" in my (now) 33 years of life.Starting from my first breaths after birth.

In the end, I knew in my heart that Satan and God were really battling it out for my soul and belief. I believed the "inner lies" that I heard. And I turned away from God. Easily in fact.

In the end, both logic and a pastor at the church my family and I no longer attend had helped save my spirituality. I had seen finally the truth within the lies.

After (literally) begging for forgiveness, after at least three years of anger and resentment towards God (the second time around), did I finally open my eyes to the Truth and had them remain open since then.

The first time that I "turned away" (for about 2 years) was after the death of my mother when I was 12 years old.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...