My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Free at last! Finally, I'm free at last!!

It's party time!! Why? Because my kids are BACK TO SCHOOL!

Thank God. I thought for sure that someone soon was going to commit a Homicide in my home. And most likely that person was going to be ME.

Please don't get me wrong, I love my children dearly. I would gladly lay my life down for them in a heartbeat. But, there comes a time in every mother's life that you just want to ship them off and sail away to the Caribbean  for a month or two. Hell, make it a year! We moms deserve that much.

The last two weeks have been busy. Christmas and New Years really needs to have a more spaced out time frame. I feel like I have aged another three years in these last couple of weeks.

Between Emergency Room visits, Grandma's house, baking til I about wanted to stick my self in the oven, and refereeing about every kind of fight imaginable, this old gal has had it.

Sadly though, there was a one hour delay for our school system. So, my kids didn't have to leave until 9:30 for the bus. I swear to you, I couldn't for the life of me get them out the door fast enough.

I actually pictured the cartoon of Bugs Bunny as he was trying to escape that hairy monster in the castle. He ran so hard, his little body got all puny and Bugs was sweating up a storm.

Then, the monster tried to break through the door and Bugs got it shut and locked once more. But only after having to hold it closed as the monster tried to force his way in.

When all was calm, Bugs Bunny sighed a fresh breath of relief.

This morning, I was Bugs Bunny fighting off the scary, hairy monster. I no longer felt like dealing with it. So I shoved all three out the door and just decided to take a few minutes for myself. For the first time in two weeks!

Now, it's off to clean house, do laundry, help an Aunt fix her computer and get this house back in order.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...