My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Gobi... No, not the desert.

**WARNING!! If you aren't the "creepy, crawly, scaly" type of person, then this post is SO not for you. Consider yourself warned.**

So, it's been just over a month now since Gobi, our Bearded Dragon entered the family domain. He was so cute and tiny. Helpless and helpless-looking. From snout to tail, Gobi fit easily in to my hand.

Since then, he has crapped ON ME at least three times. Has about killed himself as he did a "Super Man" jump from my hand, on to the dining room floor. And has acted like a dog defending it's territory as he saw his own reflection in the glass of his terrarium (which is truly hilarious to watch).

And he has noticeably grown. Seeing as the little guy has now shed about three times since being with us.

Here's a couple of pictures after we had JUST gotten him, and Gobi was only about two months old...



Yes, he (Gobi) is indeed taking a dump IN my hand. Hence the first "christening" of doing so and I think marking me as his 'mama'. Aren't I lucky?

...

Now, Gobi is just a tad over three months old. We can track it, seeing as I was told that he and his siblings came in as tiny hatchlings in December. We got him right about his two-month-old mark. Look at the obvious growth in just about ONE **month's** time!




...

You, the Reader may not see the difference just by looking at the pictures in comparison. But believe me, if you were to hold him yourself between then and now, you would note the apparent weight and length difference in Gobi.

Just think, in the next couple months, I will have to go straight from a 10 gallon tank, all the way up to a 40 gallon to house Gobi for the rest of his days. When he is considered an adult (at the age of 18 months or a year and a half old) his top length will be about 18 inches to 2-feet long. And that will consist mainly of tail.

2 comments:

dot said...

He is cool. I hope you show more pics as he grows.

Diana said...

I Love reptiles, especially lizards! Gobi is awesomely cute!
Love Di ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...