My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Look To The Sunny Side Of Life...

Honestly, I do my best to try and follow that old saying. I really do. Even in the worst of situations. But there are days where it seems just impossible.

Including this morning. It seems almost like what CAN go wrong, HAS gone wrong.Dryer is kaput (though Scott and his brother are going to TRY and fix it this evening). My left Sinus Cavity is ready to just explode. Which in turn is making my "worked on" eye (that had the Cornea Transplant) get red, irritated, and tear like the Hoover Dam.

Add in the mix that the kids have recently been just buck wild, not listening, complaining about one another and having arguments ensue about every ten minutes on average.

Makes for a hectic life, and a hectic household.

It's not easy being a housewife, a stay-at-home-mom, and the accountant, the cook, the referee, the waitress, the maid, the laundress, the nurse, the doctor and all of the other "hats of expectation" that us SAHM's wear on a daily basis.

All the while, you are TRYING to take care of yourself, your needs. In the end, apparently, you have to take care of YOU and make sure yourself that YOU are getting the care you need and deserve. Because everyone else is too self-centered to see that once in a while YOU need to be "catered" to.

Some ask me how I stay so positive through it all...My son's mental disabilities/delays, taking care of the house and the kids, being my husband's "right hand girl" and trying to tackle getting better after saving my sight with a transplant surgery.

Really, I think you need to tell me. Because I honestly do not know. Sure I have my days of feeling "worthless", or like I am nothing but a maid to everyone. Yes, I admit it, some days I feel "used" by my kids and my hubsband. I know I am valued and loved. But they don't always show it.

And I also admit, that on some days I can be much the same way. I don't always show how much I value, love, and appreciate my family. But I do with all of my heart and all of my soul.

So, even though today I feel like I need a chisel to open up my nostril, that I feel like someone is holding a lit candle to my eye, my nerves are frayed and I am desperately seeking my dryer back in to working order, I shall try my best to "look on the sunny side of what life has to offer".

2 comments:

Timberwolf123 said...

Melissa, everyone is allowed to have a down day. It's like going through winter, we wouldn't enjoy the summer as much if we didn't have the winter & all the plants need the rest to re-bloom in the spring. Congratulate yourself for everything you do & for staying positive. That's a big chore for anyone. You are doing the right thing by understanding you need to take time for yourself first...even if it's just 5 minutes. Good luck with the rest of the day.

Hugs,

Bill

Melissa said...

Hi mama! I found you through Networked Blogs :)

I felt like this yesterday. After I finally got my son down for a nap, I sat on my bed and cried. I told my husband that I feel like no one values what I do. We all have those days, and it's ok! What you do is SO important!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...