My work is ORIGINAL...Don't be a thief.

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It contains the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Book Review : 'Angels In The ER'

I'm not one that is extremely religious by any means. I have my beliefs and I'm a 'live and let live' kind of girl. Basically, in my "beliefs world", I don't judge you on whom you choose to love (be it a man/woman coupling or a same sex coupling), what belief system you choose to have (be it Christianity or Pagan...to name a couple), how you raise your kids (as long as they are happy, healthy and well adjusted...not abused, neglected or taught to hate others).

I'm a believer in angels as well. I think that they are all around us. You just don't realize this. It may be the poor homeless person on the street, a child at school, or a church member. Or just a kind stranger who is seeing your struggle and wishes to help.

'Angels In The ER' is a book penned by Dr. Robert Lesslie, whom is a Doctor of Emergency Medicine at a hospital in South Carolina. In all his many years at this hospital, he has witnessed many "angelic moments" within the ER. From fellow staff, to patients, to even Security Guards.

Dr. Lesslie tells tales of recovery, life's little lessons learned, lessons on God's miracles and more.

I'm not one that enjoys Christian reading that is inundated with an over-usage of Biblical passages/Scripture. I like small tidbits. And this book offers just enough to "taste" the Scripture. He (Dr. Lesslie) begins each chapter with a verse to show in "real time" it's meaning through his stories of life, death, and lessons learned about human nature.

If you are a Christian novel reader, I gladly suggest that you pick up this book. You can get it at any retail store.


3 comments:

Lena said...

Looks indeed like a very interesting read. Maybe I will check it out, though that is not something I usually will read, but you got me interested :)

Missy said...

It mixes two interests I have.

Medical field, mixing with Angels.

You can't get better than that!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...